Drip irrigation is a method of applying slow, steady, and precise amounts of water to specific areas.
- Water savings, since only those areas directly around the plant’s root zone are irrigated.
- Plants undergo less stress from variations in soil moisture. Plant appearance is enhanced.
- Constant moisture improves plant growth.
- Slow application rate prevents excess surface water build-up and reduces evaporation.
- System can be designed for use in all types of terrain and soil conditions.
- Weed growth is reduced because areas between plants are not irrigated.
- The low application rate and the use of automatic timers results in precise water control.
XFS Subsurface Dripline
Rain Bird’s copper-coloured XFS Dripline with Copper Shield™ for subsurface drip irrigation is the latest innovation in the Rain Bird Xerigation® Family. Rain Bird’s patent-pending Copper Shield Technology protects the emitter from root intrusion, creating a long-lasting, low maintenance subsurface drip irrigation system for use under turf grass or shrub and groundcover areas. Having the copper colour outside ensures the copper chip is inside and that your dripline is protected from root intrusion.
XFS Dripline with Copper Shield is perfect for small, narrow and tight planting areas, as well as areas with tight curves or many switchbacks.
Information provided by Rain Bird